By F. Scott Pauzar, III, Florida Car Accident Attorney
A car wreck can be a very traumatic experience. The Florida personal injury attorneys at Woodward, Pires & Lombardo are here to assist you following an automobile accident. The main thing to remember right after an automobile crash is to remain calm and ensure all parties around you are safe dialing 911 if there is an emergency medical situation. Do not leave the scene at all. Next, exchange basic information immediately–trade information like your names and insurance company, but nothing else. Never admit fault or start apologizing. You do not know whose fault is who’s in a moment like this, and you do not want to say anything to jeopardize your claim for compensation in the future. Therefore, remain silent on the fault issue. The next step is to call the police. Finally, contact an attorney with experience in car accidents in Florida. These are crucial steps following a car accident in Naples and surrounding Collier County or Lee County.
What Should I Do After an Auto Accident Near Naples, Florida?
Follow these very important steps to make sure you are safe and to secure yourself in the event of pursuit of compensation if you file a future claim:
- Do not leave the scene – If there are significant injuries, death(s), or property damages, it is a crime to leave an accident scene. However, be sure to move to safety until the authorities arrive.
- Make sure everyone is okay and check for injuries – It is okay to leave the scene if emergency medical attention is needed.
- Call the police – Make sure your accident is on record, no matter the circumstances, and wait for an officer to arrive. A police report is crucially important to your potential claim.
- Exchange basic information like names and insurance companies – Otherwise, stay silent and do not discuss any “fault.”
- Stay at the scene and stay silent.
- Seek medical attention – After your accident in Naples, go to a doctor and seek prompt medical help. Ensure your injuries are documented and explained and that you receive the care needed to get on the road to recovery. Your medical records will be vital to your future lawsuit or insurance claim if filed.
- Call an attorney – The insurance companies will try to communicate with you right away. Avoid this and do not give a “recorded statement.” Instead. Hire an attorney to speak on your behalf as your legal counsel.
Woodward, Pires & Lombardo law firm has the experience and knowledge to walk you through the Florida legal process following your Naples FL car accident. The weeks following a car accident in Collier County can be challenging, so let us handle the legal aspects immediately. Also, so that you will be able to focus on your full physical and mental recovery while your attorneys handle the claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
Talk to Our Florida Personal Injury Lawyers
A car accident is stressful enough. You do not have to talk to insurance adjusters or anyone else on your own. The experienced Naples car accident lawyers near you at Woodward, Pires & Lombardo, P.A. will help you through this tedious and challenging Florida legal process and fight to win the full settlement you are due.
If you have a personal injury claim, settling it on your own without a lawyer could mean getting much less than you’re legally entitled to. Let us fight to get you in the money you deserve!
We provide our car accident legal services on contingency, meaning there is no cost to you unless we get paid by negotiating an equitable settlement or winning a verdict for you. Contact our car accident attorneys in Collier County FL today at 239-649-6555 or see www.wpl-legal.com.